Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Georgia On My Mind

I know it has been quite some time since the blog world has heard from me. Please excuse my absence. I have been otherwise occupied with life and this is the first time I have either had the chance to post or felt like doing so.

Two days ago Anni and I returned from a two-week visit with my sister, Toni, in Valdosta, Georgia. It had been close to a year since the last time we were together and the visit was overdue.
My niece Becky and her two daughters had just moved down so our days were busy job hunting and just catching up on each others lives. Toni works a full-time job so my time with her was limited to evenings. We spent lots of time playing spades, hearts, Mexican train dominoes and darts. We had a blast. Lots of needed laughs for all of us

I realized that I don't miss the humidity of the South. It rained most of the time I was there but at least it offered some needed relief from the heat. I don't know how I survived before!

The morning I left was Katia's first day of Kindergarten, I didn't get a good picture of Becky which is why she is not shown. (Mommy was not a happy camper and I didn't think she would appreciate the only pic I had of her) Katia was a little apprehensive but excited. Her school is brand new so the building is bright shiny and new.
Larry is as crazy as ever (I'm sure it has nothing to do with living with Toni) and there doesn't seem to be any hope for change. At this point we wouldn't want him to change anyway! He keeps the family supplied with lots of laughs. There's one in every family.

Not much else to report right now. If I can recover from the two 14-hour drives in the past two weeks, hopefully I will be back regularly. Next time I'm definitely not going without someone to help me drive or I'm going to fly! What was I thinking? It was great to get to see the family though.

4 comments:

jeramy sossaman said...

sounds like a great trip.

Beck Beck said...

look at those angels. I really enjoyed you here.. I love you!

Chelle said...

Sounds like you had fun! I'm happy for you. And everyone looks great. Seeing pictures of the fam really makes me miss them.

Pastor's Perspective said...

Everybody looks great! Glad you had a wonderful time.