Thursday, August 14, 2008

She's may be nicer but I'm Sweeter! Honest!


This is my sister Toni. She has always told everyone, "Gena's prettier, but I'm nicer." I'm not going to say there is much truth in that statement but, as of yesterday, I can honestly say, "I'm sweeter!" Yes folks as you can see I have documented proof that Gena Mitchell is way too sweet.


First you must understand how terrified I am of doctors and anything involving the possibility of discomfort, and while I seem to be making light of the situation right now, I can assure you I have been under extreme stress for the past four weeks, dealing with some health and emotional issues. Because of this, I had to visit my doctor yesterday, and I have officially been diagnosed, diabetic, which is not surprising since my parents developed the disease as well. My sister, God love her, although she has battled many other ailments, has perfectly normal sugar levels, which brings me to the point of this blog. HEY TONI! I'M SWEETER!!!!

Seriously, I love my sister. She's a nurse and knows my fears. She was, and still is, a tremendous help to me during this time. She let me cry and be irrational, and loved me anyway.

I cannot forget to mention a few other people who have been so supportive. Becky, I love you, thank you for helping me with the diet. We can do this! And Chelle, thanks for enduring all of the crazy text messages and knowing when to give me my space. I so wish we could be closer. Thank you, Steve too, for your love and prayers. They meant more than you will ever know.
Last and certainly not least, James. I could not have gotten through yesterday, or the past month without you. I love you.

For me, this journey is just beginning, but I'm doing much better today. God has blessed me with a doctor who is far more patient and understanding than I have ever known a doctor to be. I am constantly amazed at the grace I am shown by the Father. To think it would matter to Him that I am afraid. I have no words to describe how humbled I feel. Thank you Lord.

13 comments:

Beck Beck said...

I love you so much.. I knew God was looking after you.. He always does. I am very proud of you.. It will all come together there is no doubt in my mind.. love ya lots!!!

Lauren said...

I didn't realize you had a blog! I'm praying for you, sweetie! Sorry... I couldn't resist... but I really am praying for you and you really are a sweetie, blood sugar aside!

Gena said...

Thanks lauren, stop by anytime. Yes chelle, got me hooked when we were out there. I actually love it!
Nice hearing from you

Anonymous said...

You didn't have to tell me twice that you were super sweet! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this. Please know that you are in my prayers.

Chelle said...

I don't feel like you stressed enough in the post what a great friend I am..... I'm just sayin'. No, seriously - I'm proud of you for facing what I know is a huge fear you HAD (notice I said HAD not HAVE). How great that God provided you with a fantastic doctor. You just make sure that you're taking care of yourself.

And Lauren - I'm not happy about it but I have to give you some credit. The sweetie comment was pretty funny. Now go take some more percocet and a nap.

jeramy sossaman said...

michelle's complaining about not getting ENOUGH credit.....HELLO!!!! what about me???? geez.....

oh....it's not about me...(or michelle)?

seriously gena, god is faithful to see us through all sorts of tough stuff and i know that he'll continue to do that here. we'll be praying for you....love you. (your favorite)

Lauren said...

I was just trying to help, Chelle, afterall, laughter is the best medicine ;)

Pastor's Perspective said...

I thought I was the ROCK of stability behind all of this turmoil! I DEMAND credit! ROCKY CREDIT.

Seriously, love you Carmena. Praying for you.

james said...

I am glad you brought that up Michelle because I was thinking as we were walking back to the exam room...Lord just let me be a sufficient fill-in for Michelle Kiefer...Gena even said..."you're not Michelle but I guess you will do"... I feel so inadequate

Chelle said...

It's a completely natural feeling James. It's hard to live in my shadow.... I know. You'll manage. And J - you'll never be her favorite. Never. Right Gena??? Right? (say yes - please)

And for those of you who don't know Toni (her sister) - I'm MUCH sweeter! I'm just sayin'...

jeramy sossaman said...

CLICK HERE to win my 100th blog post contest.

Chelle said...

J - you have NO SHAME. NONE.

jeramy sossaman said...

yeah? so?