Monday, June 23, 2008

Mother's Day Gift - Worth the Wait!

It finally came! My long-awaited Mother's Day gift. James, with the help of my good friend Michelle Kiefer and my newest friend Sharon Sossaman, ordered this custom designed handbag for me.

Truly this is my favorite picture. My beautiful little Anni offering her sweet "sugars". I look into those sparkling eyes and that happy face and I thank God for her. This is a gift I would never have thought to ask for yet it leaves me breathless; both the purse and the child.

She has made me more than a Mommy. She has made a better person. This story is much longer than I am sure any of you have time to sit and read so I'll try to be brief.

One day I get a phone call from a young woman telling me she wants me and James to adopt her baby. There was an appointment to "terminate the pregnancy" the next day and an answer had to be given immediately. We said yes! We didn't know how we would make it financially, but God was in control and we knew we couldn't let this child be needlessly taken from the world.



It was one of the best decisions we have ever made. We know that Anni was created for us and that we were created for her. She is our Joy in the Lord personified. I am eternally grateful that I have a wonderful husband and two amazing friends who would help preserve a precious moment for me this way. I love my Anni sugars and it only gets better than this when I get them in person.

I love you Anni. Now gimme sum shuga!



2 comments:

Chelle said...

Awww!! It really is such a gorgeous purse! I'm thrilled that it turned out so well! YAY for you! You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!