Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Snap Crackle PRINT!!!!

Tonight I took my very first photography class. It was a beginners class (and boy is this chick a beginner!) I assumed that when I got in there I would feel very uneducated and photographically challenged. In some ways my assumptions were correct, in others I was pleasantly surprised to understand the explanations coming from the professional teaching the class. I love pictures. Not just the say "cheese kind", but those candid unforgettable moments that are preserved for a lifetime that we treasure. You know what I mean..... the moment your child opens up the perfect Christmas gift that they knew for sure he or she would never get, or the sunset that was so beautiful it made you want to cry. I've tried to take pictures like these only to realize that what I saw didn't come through the camera so great.
Well, now I know what the buttons and gadgets can do on the camera.
 Not all of them, but many. I was also reminded that the best way to preserve pictures is to have them printed and put in albums like "back in the day." Did you know that while individuals take more photos than every before that less than 10% of the pictures taken are ever printed? The instructor pointed out that this mean our grandchildren and great grandchildren will never find that shoebox full of old family pictures like we may have. Sure we save them on computers, thumb drives, and CDs, but these devices will be obsolete some day and we run the risk of loosing the ability to retrieve the photos. As he said this I was thinking of going back through my blog posts and looking pictures of
Goo that I have taken, and true to form, few are printed. I kept thinking, "Wow! She was so little," or "I forgot about these!" No more. From now on my goal is to print as much as I can to capture and preserve memories for her in a way that she can enjoy when I am long gone from this earth.

Oh and BTW, tomorrow night is the ADVANCED CLASS!!!! Yikes!

No comments: