Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New Addition to the Family

Sunday morning in church James' phone began to vibrate on his side. He leaned over to me and whispered, "My phone is ringing." He glanced down at the LCD and looked back with a grin. It was the call we'd been waiting for! Waiting 3 weeks in fact.
After the service dismissed I hurried to the back to collect Anni from her class and met James in the parking lot. Sure enough, my new Dodge Charger had finally arrived and she was waiting on me in Dulles!

This has been my dream car since they came out in 2006. We have had an explorer for 11 years now and it's been a great family vehicle but we knew it was on its last leg and started looking around. I found a few deals online and showed them to James. He looked at me a little puzzled and said, "I thought you wanted a charger."
Well ladies and gentlemen, I almost passed out. "What? You mean.......? Do you really think.....?" As you can tell I was unable to form complete sentences. We set out looking and found the perfect one. I've always wanted a black charger with a rear spoiler and James wanted a sunroof. We found one in Wichita, Kansas worked out the financing and got the transfer underway.

Here's where the waiting came in. THREE WEEKS! I thought I would die. The wait was finally over!

So after we rushed home, changed clothes and picked up the dog, (this was a family outing) we we on our way to Dulles to pick up our newest family member.
We didn't get home until after dark so I couldn't take pics until yesterday, which are limited because it rained all day, and I couldn't keep Bit Bit (the dog - notice he thinks it's his car!) and Anni out of it (She thinks it's her new DVD player - I was instructed to photograph the entertainment system for you all, and did so promptly, while she posed by the car!). I absolutely love it!

We are so blessed, all we asked for was black paint, a rear spoiler, and a sunroof. We were given much more! It's got all the bells and whistles - Navigation System, DVD Player, Sunroof, Rear Spoiler, Leather Seats, Power Front Seats, Front CD Changer, Power locks, Power mirrors, Power windows, Heated Front Seats, a Hemi that can growl like no other! Wow! What a car! Now if I could just afford to put gas in it so I could go somewhere. Ha Ha

And for all you guys out there negotiating contracts with your wives, FYI no contract was drafted for this. When I asked him if he was sure he wanted to invest this much in a car right now he said, "You've always settled. You shouldn't have to do it this time." A statement like that will benefit the man more than any contract terms I can think of.

All joking aside. I do have a great husband. I just want everyone to know how much I love him. He's not perfect. I'm not perfect. Our life isn't perfect. Our marriage isn't perfect. But just like the charger, when we put all that stuff into God's more than capable hands, we get more than we could ever want or deserve! God is more than good - he's perfect - all the time!

8 comments:

james said...

anyone wishing to donate to the car fund I have a paypal account set up please let me know.....;-)

Chelle said...

Awesome! I'm so glad to finally see pictures of it. I was going to bug you today if there was no blog about it. Really happy for you!

jeramy sossaman said...

so cool! i love you guys. congrats on your new car....enjoy it!

Sharon said...

Gena! I'm so excited for you! Your car is just so pretty! You do deserve your dream car! I'm thrilled for you!

Pastor's Perspective said...

So, let me get this right. You left the teaching of the Word and the fellowship of the saints to pick up a car? AWESOME!

Gena said...

No Pasta Big Pants. Although tempted, we waited until after we heard the word but okay maybe we skipped the fellowship part but you know how it is. Not every church has preachin' and fellowship like FCC in Susuin City.(did I spell that right?)We just had to get outta there!

toni said...

I Love you, sorry i am so computer inadequate however, I finally made it.

Lauren said...

PRETTY!!!