Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mommy and Daddy Visit School!

Friday, October 10 there was a special celebration in Anni's class to show off the class' writing skills and achievements. Each child was given a folder in which to keep daily written or illustrated work. I think the idea is to understand the concept of expressing oneself creatively. Since Anni is only beginning to write letters, most of her work was of the illustration variety. But Mommy and Daddy were proud!
The teacher took our picture while Anni was showing us all of her pictures. Many of them were pictures of Mommy, Daddy, Annie and Bit Bit (the dog). She's all about the family! I was happy to see that. She was so proud of her class. She took us around and introduced us to her friends.
We finally got to meet the children we had been hearing about for the past 6 weeks. She really loves her teacher and I am so thankful for that. She seems to really care about the kids and communicates weekly with parents. I failed to get a picture of Mrs. Johnson. I'll be sure to do that next time.I was a little sad though. James and I and one other parent were the only ones to show up for the celebration. We tried to visit all the other kids tables to let them show off their work too. They all seem so little. My heart breaks to think they are disappointed. But I think we spread the love pretty well. Anni seemed to act as hostess taking us from table to table telling us who was who. She always seems to be so sensitive of other people's feelings. I think she felt bad for the other kids too.
This is Anni's beautiful masterpiece of buttons and letters and of course the portrait of Mommy and Daddy dancing at the top.

All in all it was a great time. She's growing so fast. I don't want to miss a minute of it. I know this may not be such an exciting blog for most of you out there, but my little family is one of the most precious gifts God has given me, so that's what I write about.

We love you Anni. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!

5 comments:

jeramy sossaman said...

thanks for the update. cute pictures. love and miss you guys!

Pastor's Perspective said...

Good stuff! Anni will never forget the deep interest you took in her education. Way to rock the parent thing!

Anonymous said...

OH! I was just missing you guys and decided to check your blog! I feel like I missed so much!

Anni is getting big! You are getting little! James... is... well, James. As a wise girl said... "we can't kill 'em."

Just kidding James!

We love and miss you all BIG!

Gena said...

thanks for the comment Sharon. I've lost about 25 pounds since we were out there and still going. Love you guys!

Chelle said...

She's the sweetest! I hate that she's growing up though.... it makes me so sad! Give her a kiss from us!